Each participant in the DeVos training is required to have a mentor. Mentors are selected by the participants, with the approval of the City Coordinator. Mentors meet with participants on a monthly basis for one year. Qualifications for Mentors include the following:
- Is a mature, committed Christian
- Demonstrates a willingness to give honest feedback
- Proven leadership qualities that will enable him/her to contribute to the participant’s growth
- Willingness to attend a three-hour orientation session and to meet monthly with participant for at least one year
- Demonstrates the application of DVULI’s core values (Accountability, Balance, Interdependence, Empowerment, Leverage) in his/her personal and professional life
We do not accept unsolicited mentor applications.